Online or Call 510.843.4042 x303
Great Theatre Starts with YOU!
For the past 26 years, Aurora has been privileged to have the support of generous donors and patrons, whose gifts allow us to continue to be your Aurora theatre with intelligent, dynamic, impactful theatre for all.
Aurora Theatre Company is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that relies on contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies for support of its projects and programs. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent of the law. Our non-profit tax identification number: 94-3168663.
When you join this special group of Aurora friends, you will support the theatre you love while enjoying a variety of unique benefits designed to enhance your ultimate intimate Aurora experience. Benefits can include:
- Invitations to special events with artists
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Complimentary beverages and treats at concessions
- Parking validation when attending
- And more!
Phone or Email: Contact Individual Giving Manager Andrée Beals at 510.843.4042 x303 or email email@example.com.
Stock Transfer: We accept stock donations! Submit this form to your broker and make your stock donation today, and please let the Development Department know to expect it by contacting Andrée Beals at 510.843.4042 x303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matching Gifts: Your company may match your contribution! Ask your human resources department if they match charitable gifts, and double the impact of your gift.
Mail: We love mail! Make your gift today by filling out a contribution form and sending it to:
Andrée Beals, Individual Giving Manager
Aurora Theatre Company
2081 Addison Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
Donor-Advised Funds: As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Aurora Theatre Company is grateful to be awarded grants recommended from Donor-Advised Funds.
- Donors are able to direct gifts to a charitable organization through DAFs to maximize tax savings. Tax deductions are applicable to the contribution year, while disbursement of the funds can happen at a later date.
- Contributions cannot be pledged, as they are considered by the IRS as a donation at the time of disbursement.
- Per IRS regulations, the donor, donor advisor, or the donor’s family members are not permitted to receive any benefits with a fair market value in excess of an incidental one. For example:
- Complimentary tickets
- Parking validation
People age 70 ½ and over are able to direct IRA contributions, also known as qualifying charitable distributions, to charities.
- What is a “qualifying charitable distribution”?
- From a traditional IRA or a Roth IRA;
- Direct from the IRA trustee to the charitable organization—with no intervening possession or ownership by the IRA owner;
- On or after the IRA owner has reached age 70½; and
- A contribution to an organization that would qualify as a charitable organization under Sec. 170(b(1)(a), other than a private foundation or donor advised fund.
- This contribution counts towards your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- You can contribute more than the RMD as long as it does not exceed $100,000 per calendar year
- Contributions cannot go to a donor-advised fund, supporting organization or private foundation
- Charitable contributions are limited to 50% of Adjusted Gross Income every year
- A IRA charitable contribution allows you to meet your RMD requirements without adding to your taxable income
- This can potentially keep you in a lower tax bracket and allow you to avoid phase-outs of certain tax deductions that can increase your tax liability
Still don't know where to start? Here is a helpful flow chart about ways to support Aurora.
Such gifts support the work of Aurora to present the ultimate intimate theatre experience in the Bay Area.
Sponsor A Production
Aurora offers exclusive benefits to donors who can make a significant gift in support of a production of their choice or Aurora’s full season.
Please click to Become A Sponsor and contact the Development Department
Name a Seat
Get your personalized seat in Harry's UpStage in Aurora’s Dashow Wing with a permanent plaque—in your own name, in memory of a loved one, or in honor of a favorite theatre personality—for only $1,000!
Contact Development Director Jordan Okano at 510.843.4042 x312 or email@example.com.
Aurora always has need of in-kind donations of goods or services. Please click here for our current wish list.
SUPPORT WHILE YOU SHOP!
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice (Aurora Theatre Company!).
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
Support Aurora with a tax-deductible donation of your used vehicle. Call today for a free pickup! Call toll-free: 1.888.686.4483 or visit cardonationservices.com
Aurora’s ongoing reputation as the Bay Area’s ultimate intimate theatre experience is made possible by the outstanding support of our community. What can your donation support?
-The salary for one actor for the run of one mainstage show
-Costumes for a cast of six actors
-One Originate + Generate commission fee
-Materials to build one mainstage set
-One week’s health insurance for a cast of six
-One high-quality wig for one actor
-A few hours of rehearsal with a dialect coach
As you can see, every dollar counts when it comes to creating the productions you see on the Aurora stages!